Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Tradin' With Baseball Cards Come To Life

Executed a multi-PWE with Bo over at Baseball Cards Come To Life recently, and the man really took care of us here at Card Hemorrhage. This is a guy who looked at my want list and responded accordingly. He also unloaded a bunch of San Francisco Giants on me, which is fantastic; I didn't scan any of those and filed them all away already, but I did take the time to document some of the stuff that recently came over.

First, Bo understood that Mr. Frank Robinson is one of the players whom I collect, and send me 2 Robinson and one Robinson-adjacent card that I am very happy to now have. I'm especially into the 1975 SSPC manager card you see here; Robinson also played for the team that year, and hit .324 / 9 HR / 24 RBI while effectively managing himself. Frank! 

Here are the two other new ones to me:



Bo also took note of the fact that I'm trying to pull together the complete 100-card 2007 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts set, and sent along 3 Yankees I didn't have:


The other ones I ended up scanning all fit needs for me as well - either as part of 1975 SSPC; San Francisco Giants team sets; or other miscellania that I'm trying to pull together. Like the said, these scans weren't the half of it, but just the ones I haven't already frantically filed in my overzealous desire to catalog and organize everything. Great trade!






6 comments:

  1. Great Frank Robinson! I bought that card as a kid at a garage sale, so it always reminds me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen that SSPC Frank on a few blogs, and am always impressed by it's awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Norris. He looks like he just had a rough outing against the Yankees.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.