Thursday, July 15, 2021

Quarter Box Vintage

You folks want to know something pretty unusual - for a guy who blogs about cards every now & again, anyway? I've never been to a card show. Like, ever. That's all about to change this coming weekend - there is an onslaught of card shows happening all around the US of A right about now. I've never been to one before because I only went nuts on this hobby of mine in late 2019, and then, you know - Covid and all that. I've read all the bloggers' posts about 'em, and I'm ready to join in. We'll see what happens when I do.

Ken in Missouri went to one recently, and as I understand it, he started digging through the quarter boxes of vintage cards, pulling out all sorts of stuff, and reckoned he'd count his sheckels later - and figure out if he actually needed what he was actually pulling. (Or maybe he just wanted trade bait or to be a Good American and help folks like me out....in any event....I'm a beneficiary, because he's just that kind of guy).

I'm having some scanner troubles, so I did what others do and took some photos. Every one of these vintage cards came from Ken, and as I understand it, from a recent card show in his area. He was kind enough to weight what he sent me toward both the SF Giants and toward the 1965 Topps set, which I have every intention of completing someday. 

Take a gander at these, why don't ya??


6 comments:

  1. $0.25 each is fantastic. I live in the wrong part of the country to see prices like that at a card show for '50s-'60s cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Few things in this world beat quarter-box vintage. Not sure what that Joe Nuxhall oddball is, but I love it. Hope you have fun at the card show(s)! It'll be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Bo. No chance at getting vintage cards this cheap.

    I see cousin Jimmy, an Alou brother, and a few Gold Glove fielders. Elston Howard wins the round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No shows around me. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the show you're going to? Have fun. There's also a show in South SF next weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.