Monday, July 26, 2021

Too Many Giants Over Here

When I started up collecting cards again in 2019, I had a whole lot of catching up to do since the early 1980s. I figured - having missed a ton of sets in the intervening 35+ years - that I'd go big on my favorite team, the Giants of San Francisco. I put out the call: I collect the Giants! 

As I dug through dime boxes and started trading with some of y'all across the internet, the Giants cards piled up. Topps, Score, Leaf, Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deck and much, much more of all eras. Junk wax. 2000s. Bonds cards. Kent cards. Posey cards. Prospects, cup-of-coffee-guys, Armando Benitez and Edgardo Alfonzo. Brian Bocock. Eugenio Velez. Chadwick Tromp.

In the intervening couple of years, I've come to the point where I'm much more certain about what I like and want to collect. I've happily completed every Giants team set from Topps Heritage, Allen & Ginter and Gypsy Queen. I'm working on every Giants Topps flagship team set from 1962 through 1981. Beyond those; the other team sets I've completed; the players I collect; and a few cards here and there that I like - I'm good! I'm totally good on the Giants!

So what do I do with all these San Francisco Giants cards that I'm not collecting that I've got sitting around now? Well, here's what I want to do. I'd like to send a big batch of them to you, if you want them. I can pull together 25-30 Giants cards, and they'll span eras: vintage, junk wax, 2000s, modern Bowman prospects and so on. 

All I ask in return is a card or two (more is fine, but not required) from my want list. I totally ripped off this idea from Kerry at Cards On Cards, whom I ironically claimed a big batch of Giants cards from. At some point, I plan to do what he did for all the others teams as well - Fall cleaning? - yet for now, please let me know if you're interested in this by emailing me. It'll work this way:

1. You'll let me know that you want 25-30 Giants cards by emailing me.

2. I'll set them aside for you.

3. You'll send me something from my want list.

4. When it arrives, I shall send your cards, posthaste.

We'll see how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.