Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Some Call Him Goldy

Have always had quite a bit of respect for Paul Goldschmidt. The guy has absolutely murdered my team over the years, particularly Tim Linecum. It got to be something of a joke. If Goldschmidt, then on the Diamondbacks, was 0 for 2 against Linecum early in a game - and that itself was rare - well, then you're about to see a home run. And then it would happen. And you'd sulk and gnash your teeth and say damn you Goldy. At least I would. And then you realized you were watching a hell of a good ballplayer - and the cycle would begin anew, next time the Giants played the D-Backs.

Now that he's on the Cardinals, he can only do so much damage to my team - and yet he did some, just the other week. With my begrudging respect for the man, I decided he'd make a fine addition to my player collection, and I therefore have started a Paul Goldschmidt Player Collection.

You know how this collection just improved by 8 cards? It's because of Gavin at Baseball Card Breakdown. He sent me a bunch of new-to-me Goldschmidts, along with a whole mess of other great cards. This one you see up top here is from 2016 Topps Archives - 1969 Topps Super. A great 30-card set! I'd never heard of nor seen it before this card arrived. Pick of the bunch.

Here are the other 7 Goldys - all with the Diamondbacks - that I am now the proud owner of. Thanks, Gavin!







5 comments:

  1. Nice collection. I’ve always liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked him when he was with the Diamondbacks. Haven't followed him much the past two seasons though. Best of luck with your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can probably add a few to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son's favorite player. He, like me, is still bitter Goldy is a Cardinal now. But I don't like as a Cubs fan; he doesn't like it as a D-Backs fan.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.