Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Big Winnings From The Lost Collector

The Lost Collector was one of the first card blogs I poured myself into as I really started getting re-invigorated with this card-collectin' mania a bit over a year ago. Then, earlier this year when I started my own blog, he (AJ) was one of the first folks I traded cards with. Here we are 7 months later, folks, and we're still swapping pieces of cardboard. I received a nice treasure trove from the man just last week, and I'd like to tell you a little bit about it.

AJ by now knows the sorts of card ephemera I'm into (although that continues to evolve, and I try to make regular updates to my want list to reflect that). One thing I've gotten into, which was duly recognized, is prospect cards. I really enjoy minor league issues like the 1990 Pro Cards set that Charles Nagy was featured on here; I also like the shiny new Bowman cards featuring guys we barely know; I'm even excited about the 2020 Topps Heritage Minors that just came out, and which I ordered a few cards from just last night. 

Anyway, I don't really care who the guy is or if he even made it to the bigs, though I suppose I'd prefer that he did, given the choice. But here are a few among many that arrived in my package from the Lost Collector.



This trade also netted me something I really, really needed but didn't know I wanted until I got it: a 2011 card for Jose Guillen, who played a few uninspiring weeks for the 2010 World Champion Giants, and was such a clubhouse cancer and a wreck of a player that despite a distinguished, power-hitting major league career to that point, was left off of the postseason roster. 


There was also this autographed 2012 Topps/Bowman Platinum card (#36/50!) for backup catcher Andrew Susac. Bummer to be a catcher on the Giants the same year Buster Posey was winning the MVP...


There were all manner of winnings and special moments in the Lost Collector's package to me. Important cards. Unimportant cards that I needed anyway. McCovey cards that I didn't even scan. 5 Vlad Guerrero cards, four of which I didn't have. Treasure trove.

I've scanned a few more of them here so that you might have a gander.






6 comments:

  1. Phillies legend Hunter Pence and Rondell White as a Flyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the swap! You're much quicker than me. I've got the stuff you sent me scanned, just haven't gotten to sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of it is just my own strange psyche. Once I post about the cards, then I can file them away!

      Delete
  3. I remember Andrew Susac. He was one of the Giants top prospects a few years ago, but haven't heard his name ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Hadn't even thought about him until this card arrived.

      Delete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.