Monday, October 12, 2020

11 Random New Arrivals

It's getting to the point now where if a new card arrives at the house, I feel I've got to somehow scan it and talk about it here on the Card Hemorrhage blog, before filing it into its proper place in a box or a binder. That can't be healthy, can it? Validate from within? 

Anyway, here's a random assortment of things that I've picked up in various places the past ten days or so. I've got a real soft spot for these 2020 Onyx prospect cards, and if I can grab a guy like Richard Gallardo who just might be the next Nolan Ryan, and grab him for cheap, then why not, right? I've not heard of Mr. Gallardo, but he's in the Cubs organization, and did not get the call to the big club in 2020, which meant, due to our current global pandemic, he either had to sit the season out entirely or was dispatched to the Cubs' "alternate site", wherever that was. Let's see him in the bigs in 2021, throwing strikes to everyone except the San Francisco Giants.

Jim at Cards As I See Them blog had a mega Free Card Friday the other day, and somehow I got in fast enough to claim a few ringers. Walker Buehler? Why Walker Buehler? Man, I don't know. I like the guy. He's going to do great things for a while in our sport. Anyway, this 2019 Topps Heritage New Age Performers card is fantastic; I've got 2 more Beuhler cards to show you as well.




Also claimed this 1969 Topps Giants card of a Giants backup catcher named Bob Barton from the same Jim/Cards as I See Them Free Card Friday:


...and these two poorly-scanned, crooked 1972 Clay Carrolls to get me that much closer to completing the '72 Topps set (note: I'm not close at all):



...and this 1957 (!) piece of vintage glory. In this case, it's not me scanning the card poorly - the card itself is actually off-center.


I found another Joey Bart card I didn't have for my player collection, too. This one's a mini from the 2020 Topps 206 collection, with now-major league catcher Bart donning the "tools of ignorance" for the 2019 Richmond Flying Squirrels:


Finally, I just got wise to those 1974 Topps "Hank Aaron Special" cards, and I love 'em. There were six of them, and I bought two of them on eBay this past week. Cards on cards! I'll try and grab the other four in the near future and give 'em a poor scan on the blog once I do.


2 comments:

  1. Love the Aaron Specials! I love the weird meta imagery of seeing baseball cards on baseball cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that 206 Bart. And although I'm not a Dodgers fan... I do enjoy watching guys like Kershaw and Buehler. Had the opportunity to see the latter pitch at Dodger Stadium in 2019.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.