Friday, March 19, 2021

2015 "Ginter X" Offshoot Cards

I'm sure I blathered in this space before about how I completed all of the SF Giants Topps Heritage team sets, right? And how I was then going to move on and do the same for all of their Allen & Ginter team sets, from 2006 to the present? We talked about that, right?

Little did I know that there was something lurking out there called "Ginter X" that's potentially even more tantalizing. Black versions of the A&G base sets, with extras and whatnot thrown in. Well that just complicates things, doesn't it? Which isn't to say I'm not all aboard in trying to scoop them up.

I'm a fan of black-bordered anything. It's why I love the Topps 1971 design so much - and the 2020 Heritage majors and minors that followed that design. I've started pulling together a few from the 2007 SP Legendary Cuts series, which I'll blog about shortly.

Anyway, I decided to just go out there and grab each of the 2015 SF Giants cards from the Topps Allen & Ginter "Ginter X" series. I'm quite fond of 'em, and I hope you are as well.


3 comments:

  1. Those look great! I'm not a huge Ginter fan, but I think those look better than the regular base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those do look sharp. well done by topps to use images with the black jerseys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A parallel A&G set like this one has no reason to exist, but even I'll admit these are pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.