Tuesday, March 16, 2021

1967 Topps Starting To Take Up Some Space

Without me even actively going after it, I've reached "critical mass" in my 1967 Topps baseball accumulation, meaning that I've moved my tiny handful of '67 cards out of my "vintage" section of my card box and into its own space. I reckon I now have about 45 or so cards from this year, and what the hey - I'd say that merits me trying to at least mark off on my want list what's remaining. 

OK, I just counted, and it's even better than that. I have 60 cards from the set, most a little dinged, some a little dirty - but dammit, they're my cards! I was born in 1967, during the Cardinals/Red Sox World Series that year. Important year for Card Hemorrhage.

Players look so....innocent this year. Trim haircuts. Old guys who truly look like old guys (Lou Burdette - see below!). Who knew that hippies would take over San Francisco that summer? That there'd be riots in the streets? That we'd get even deeper into 'Nam? 

I picked 9 cards out of my 60 to showcase here. Just dudes you might have heard of, nothing too special beyond that. It's a 609-card card, so let's see, that puts me 9.85% of the way there.  








5 comments:

  1. Good group for such old cards.

    Frank Howard wins the round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Harrelson. Was just reading an article on Hawk this morning in an old issue of Baseball Digest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello:
    Good luck with the exception of the Variants in the set. I am lacking 5 from completing my 1967 set hope that you can find it fun to build since I've been working on mine since 1990.

    ReplyDelete
  4. '67 is my favorite vintage set. Nice clean design, pretty good photos, and I also really like the deep green color of the backs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to various bloggers, a lot of the high numbers are quite pricey right now, so you might want to hold off on buying any of those if you can.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.