Monday, September 28, 2020

Another Round of Cards Coming In Hot

That's my dumb title for these posts that end up being excuses to scan and post new cards I've accumulated. I had a bit of quiet period for two weeks as I ramped up at a new job, then had a flurry of activity two weekends ago that resulted in a few interesting cards coming into Card Hemorrhage HQ.

I didn't know much about Jon Mark Owings, whom you see here in an autographed /844 2008 Donruss "Turn of the Century" design - probably because he didn't make it to the bigs. I uncovered this card in a repack I bought at Walgreens in San Francisco for $5, along with a few other decent cards.

I'm pretty fond of the 2001 Upper Deck Decade cards that focus on the 1970s, both from a design standpoint and because they focus on some of the dudes I collect. Not all hall of famers, but dudes. I already had the Willie McCovey card from this series, but here are two from that set that I procured on eBay of Bobby Bonds and Jack Clark:



Next, you might have seen me post about another guy I collect, a journeyman reliever named Matt Carasiti who got hurt this spring. I believe I have exactly one card left of his to find after nabbing his 2014 Asheville Tourists minor league card; it's his 2015 Modesto Nuts minor league card. Can you help me find it?


There were also a few Shohei Otani cards that arrived smoking in the mailbox this past week...




....and a 2019 Bowman's Best Chrome from his teammate Jo Adell....


Check out this 1991 Kellogg's Sportflics Baseball Greats Rollie Fingers I was able to grab:


And then, in the midst of completing that 2002 Anaheim Angels Topps Chrome set, I also grabbed a 2002 San Francisco Giants team card from the same set. You may remember that the two teams met in the World Series that year.


Finally, I've been really digging into Topps Gallery card singles of late, grabbing the ones I like on CardBarrel. I got these four from the 2018 series of Giants guys I felt I needed in the collection - two of whom were bonafide stars, another two of whom barely sniffed the majors. See you next time.

6 comments:

  1. I like the Bonds and the Big League Ohtani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Big League poster cards are some if the better ones this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. Sent you PWE out today. Sorry about the delay.

    B. Jack Clark has an impressive unibrow.

    C. Are you interested in other Giants from the 2001 UD Decade 70's set? If so... are McCovey, Bonds, and Clark the only three you have? I opened up a bunch of this product and built the set. I'm sure I have some extra Giants I can send your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fuji - I definitely am. I only have those 3....!

      Delete
    2. Okay. I'm gonna make a mental note to look for some this weekend.

      Delete
  4. Really like that Will Clark Gallery card, I'll have to pick that one up for my small collection of his.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.