Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Plenty Psyched About This Recent Trade

I blind-emailed Daniel over at It's Like Having My Own Card Shop about a blind trade, and pleasingly and most beneficially, he was into it. Even packed 'em up right away and mailed me my batch, and I had them a mere 6 days later. I got some gems, some ringers, some real Card Hemorrhage dillys, let me tell ya.

I'm probably most excited about this 2011Allen & Ginter Tim Lincecum relic. It's a jersey encased in a mini, encased in plastic, wrapped in cardboard. Given how orange it is, it's likely from the Giants' "orange Friday" home games, in which they wear throwback orange-dominated uniforms on Fridays only. It's also a Timmy card I didn't have and had never seen. Thanks, Daniel.

But wait! There was more. I am also now the proud owner of a Topps Pablo Sandoval relic from 2015 that I also didn't have and had never seen. This is card # CHR-PS, and commemorates his .330 batting average in 2009. Sandoval - who just may be my favorite player of all time - was recently picked up by the Atlanta Braves, but I haven't seen anything about him joining them for their playoffs, which start this week. They would be wise to do so, as he may just hit 3 home runs in a World Series Game 1 for them. 


The next-most unusual card in my batch is this 2003 Upper Deck Troy Glaus "game face" relic. Love it. Have never seen these before. Is that Glaus airbrushed onto a piece of baseball? That sure is what it looks like. I may need to uncover more of these game face cards.


Also received a couple of 1970 Topps San Francisco Giants from my want list, poorly-scanned by me here as usual:



...and a few other ballers from either the Giants or the 2002-era Angels. What a great trade. Let's do it again sometime, Daniel from It's Like Having My Own Card Shop.




1 comment:

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.