Thursday, September 17, 2020

Giants Prospects A-Go-Go

I suppose I've gotten really into prospect cards, as I'm sure I've said before. I think it's because I like so many of the Bowman designs, and I really like the Onyx cards, and hey - it's just sorta fun to get in on the ground floor of some fellas who may end up leading your team to glory in a few years. 

There are a few dudes in the Giants' farm system besides Joey Bart - now establishing himself in the majors - to talk about. Among the team's top prospects is an outfielder named Heliot Ramos. I got to see him play as a San Jose Giants a couple of years ago - or was that last year? I guess it was last year. Covid time is strange, isn't it. Anyway, this guy's supposedly next in line, which means he's next in line for me to start digging up some of his cards before he turns into "Gavin Lux" or "Wander Franco" or something. (Gavin Lux is currently hitting .156 for the Los Angeles Dodgers, by the way). Here are a few of Mr. Ramos:





I really have to laugh at some of my scans sometimes, folks. I have a not-all-that-great printer/scanner and sometimes my well-positioned and cropped card scans look - well - like a big miscut or misprint.  I promise you, if the cards is ever truly messed up, I'll tell you. Usually it's just me being lazy.

Anyway! Another prospect the Giants are hot on is Marco Luciano. He's a shortstop, and he's coming to take Brandon Crawford's job. Here's what he looks like:




That's all I've got on Luciano so far. In fact, you're seeing my total card collection for these three guys. Finally we have Hunter Bishop, a lefty slugging stud who's got some "tremendous upside", as they say. We'll just see, won't we??




1 comment:

  1. I remember when Heliot was playing in SJ. My friend took his son to a few games trying to get his signature. Not familiar with the other guys, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I start hearing their names on 95.7 or KNBR.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.