Wednesday, August 12, 2020

A Matt Carasiti Japanese Card

I'm pretty psyched - I'm nearly done collecting a player's entire run of cards. The fact that it's a journeyman relief pitcher named Matt Carasiti with 25 MLB innings pitched to his name doesn't knock me off my pedestal too much. You can read all about why I collect Mr. Carasiti here.

I thought I only had two minor league cards of his to find, but then realized he spent 2018 with the Yakult Swallows in the Japanese league - now I need to contend with those. So here it is - my first Japanese card of any kind. According to the back you see below here, it was put out by "Baseball Magazine". Carasiti was pretty good for them as well, having gone 8-3 with a 3.99 ERA, which earned him a trip back to the majors with Seattle last year, and a spot on the SF Giants in spring training this year until he got hurt.

So here's what I'm down to: another Yakult Swallows card for Carasiti - this one - plus his 2014 Asheville Tourists card and 2015 Modesto Nuts card. If you've got any of these lying around, please get in touch with Card Hemorrhage...! We'll find something nice to send you in return, most assuredly.

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of the guy, but I bet he'd love to know that there's a blogger out there super collecting his cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used Dave Weber before to buy minor league singles for $2 or $3 each. http://www.minorleaguesingles.com/index.html It looks like he may not be selling right now though, but it's worth sending him an email and checking in.
    Another option, but not nearly as cheap would be to buy the team sets from the Tourists and Nuts. Each are ten bucks. Good luck in your hunt!
    https://tourists.milbstore.com/collections/all/products/2014-asheville-tourists-team-set
    https://modestonuts.milbstore.com/collections/novelties/products/2015-modesto-nuts-card-set

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like there are a good handful of different ones for sale on YJA. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure when online to find this YJA - do you have an address? Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yahoo Japan Auctions. Copy this into the search box: カラシティー

      Delete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.