Monday, August 10, 2020

Is It Joey Bart Time Yet?

The second post on this blog was about Joey Bart, the San Francisco Giants catching prospect who's the heir apparent to Buster Posey, and who is going to be making his major league debut "any day now". We haven't had a kid in the organization that we - by whom I mean Giants fans - were this excited about since Tim Lincecum, or Posey himself. I get why the Giants are keeping him off the major league roster for now; the service time thing sucks for the player, obviously, but locking up that extra year for the team works for me. Not like the Giants are really going anywhere this season anyway, but in 2025? Look out, folks.

Anyway, I'm building up a solid Joey Bart collection. Anything of his with an autograph - especially those Onyx cards - is prohibitively expensive, so I'm completely bereft of any Bart auto cards for now. Someday. In the meantime, though, on the eve of what I believe will be his call-up to the big club, I thought I'd share w/ you a few of his 2019 and 2020 cards, mostly Bowmans, so you can get a glimpse of the man before he comes in and hits .375 and blasts two homers a game and moves Posey  to DH and and and.....







2 comments:

  1. Your JB collection is coming along quite nicely. I finally added one of those Onyx autographs to my collection. I'd like to add a 1st Bowman Chrome and one of those 2019 Heritage Minors cards of him with the San Jose Giants at some point, but I refuse to pay top dollar for someone who hasn't play a single MLB game. That's why I miss flea markets and dime boxes so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully he gets called up soon! I'm waiting on the Yanks to call up their top pitching prospect, Clarke Schmidt.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.