Monday, May 4, 2020

Wax Pack Wonders Rides Into Town

Hey, there's a quality baseball card blog even newer than mine that's just arrived, and it's absolutely worth your attention: Wax Pack Wonders. Jeff is the fine American that runs the Wax Pack Wonders experience, and not only does he have a real up-n-comer of a blog, he's a gentlemanly trader to boot. In fact, I just got an envelope from him this very afternoon, and I'm pretty psyched about it.

Did you know about the Drake's Big Hitters series from 1981 and 1983? I'll admit to you that I didn't. Jeff must've known that, because he sent me two excellent Jack Clark cards from the series. Clark, as you may recall, was my first baseball hero, and I'm attempting to "collect" him. These two cards are part of a "Collector's Edition", and as it turns out, I'm a collector!

Here's another Clark card I'd never seen - this one from his brief stint as a Padre, brought to you by KayBee Toys in 1989.


Jeff also tossed in these 3 nice Buster Posey picks. I hadn't even started on my 2018 Gypsy Queen Giants set yet, and now I've got the first card.


There were several other winners in my envelope as well. I've scanned these two "idiot cards" for you, as they'll make a nice addition to the absurd/idiot frankenset I'm quietly building.



Apologies for the lopsided Bruce Hurst scan there, folks. What a horrible card! I love it. Welcome to the card blogging world, Jeff. It feels nice to be able to say that after the good tidings many showered upon me when I started my blog all of 6 weeks ago. Check him out at Wax Pack Wonders, and bookmark the site while you're at it. 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up! As a recently returning blogger, I need to catch up on all the new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out Jay! Glad you liked my selections.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Hurst is a great example of why 1993 Upper Deck is such an awesome set.

    P.S. Wow. Another new card blogger? It's like Christmas in May. Thanks for the lead. I look forward to reading his posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen the blue Drakes cards. Cool!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.