Thursday, May 14, 2020

Mike Sadek Card Collection Postscript

Last week I wrote a little something up about how I ended up working in the same company as one Mike Sadek, the son of 1970s/early 80s San Francisco Giants catcher Mike Sadek (Sr.). Consequently, I'd decided to collect Mr. Sadek's cards, remembering him well from my childhood and teenage San Francisco Giants obsession.

The younger Sadek told his dad about the post, and Sadek the elder just today sent me a phenomenal batch of signed ephemera as a token of goodwill. It's fantastic. Here's a picture of the signed cards and several photos I received. Thanks, Mike Sadek, and thanks for being such a staple of the 1973-1981 Giants teams I grew up with (though I truly only remember the back half of your career, with a special emphasis on that life-changing 1978 team). 

Anyone know how to get in touch with Rennie Stennett's children?

3 comments:

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.