Friday, July 3, 2020

Lincecum As An Angel

Always strange to see one of your team's heroes in another uniform, isn't it? Tim Lincecum - a guy I collect - was a Los Angeles Angel of Anaheim for 38 innings in 2016 before he retired. Let's just say his 7.16 ERA over there didn't do him any favors.

I had thought that he probably would have quite a few Angels card variations from the spring of 2016 that I'd need to pick up. On that count, I was mistaken. There's this Topps base card - and many, many colored versions of it with different printing plates - and then there's this Heritage card you see below.

That's it. Tim Lincecum on the Angels. The complete set. Every other card of his is a Giants or a minor league card. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Lol. I still crack up whenever I see someone wearing a Let Timmy Smoke t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping that experiment would have worked out. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In hindsight, this is one of the weirder Short Term Stops of my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timmy was an easy guy to root for, and the Angels sure did need pitching. It stinks that he didn't have anything left but at least Topps captured his brief Angels tenure on a couple cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Lincecum in his prime, but as an Angels fan I saw his stint on the team turn into a nightmare real fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw about the last five innings of his Petco Park no hitter from the left field grandstand. Incredible experience. Used to enjoy watching him shagging balls in the outfield during batting practice.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.