Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The Cards of Pablo Sandoval, Continued

I don't know how you guys have been doing during the pandemic, but I was happy to see my hero Pablo Sandoval in total fighting shape for the new 60-game 2020 baseball season that may or may not actually take place. This photo was making the rounds on social media this past weekend. All I can say is: Pablo will be ready. He's always ready, unless he's on the Boston Red Sox.

My Pablo Sandoval baseball card collection continues to "burgeon". Although he's often seemed more like a local hero and/or local curiosity, I sometimes forget that for a few years there, Pablo Sandoval was a big-time nationally-known player. Maybe it was winning three World Series in five years? Two-time NL all-star? They're certainly made a ton of Pablo Sandoval baseball cards because of it, and now I have to collect 'em all. I guess his profile isn't all that massive across the sport of baseball any longer, but you know that everyone's happy he's still around.

I'm doing fairly well on the Pablo accumulation project, considering that I really only started late last year. Here are a few more that I've added recently that I thought you might want to take a gander at. Nothing too wild, just nice to have around.









Finally - where were you in 2012 on the day that this happened? I was sitting right here, about 15 feet from where I'm typing this, watching it on TV. Imagine that!


5 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty great Pandas! Maybe Topps will use the top pic for an SSP...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The GQ Glove Stories Panda is pretty neat! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some Panda... and I'll definitely be pulling for him to have an MVP kind of season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Tom. That Glove Stories card is outstanding. But that training photo, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't have much commentary to add, but just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying your posts and watching the progress of your player collection. I think this is the perfect type of guy to collect because there is so much out there in terms of variety, but prices aren't outrageous or anything. Best of luck tracking down more Pandas!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.