Monday, April 6, 2020

Look at Me, I'm a Big Boy Card Blogger

It only took just over a week, but I reckon I've now joined the ranks of the proverbial "professional baseball card bloggers" society. This is thanks to Great American Madding, who helms the Cards on Cards blog and who just sent me my first "trade" cards in the mail in what you folks like to call a "PWE". Thing was, I haven't even sent him a thing yet, either! That's how Great of an American he is. (Don't worry, sir - I'm working up a batch for ya as we speak).

This trading racket you card bloggers seem to engage in is one of the reasons I thought I'd raise my blogging voice in the first place. What a blast. I send you some surprises/wants, you send me some surprises/wants, and everyone's happy playing a low-stakes game of "postage". Madding definitely did me right. Just look at this Big Time Timmy Jim card to your left, a 2013 Topps Opening Day Franchise Flashback to a time when Mr. Lincecum not only rocked a San Francisco Sea Lions Negro League uniform, but also wore a mini-beer belly and the coolest pair of dork spectacles this side of Dick Tracy.

We could have stopped right there, but he also provided me with the following modern Giants gems:


Even a couple of 2018 Topps Stickers (!), easily the first stickers in my collection since my 1970s Wacky Packages. Hey, remember when Matt Moore almost threw that no-hitter against the Dodgers? That and being the guy we traded Matt Duffy for will always be the two things folks in SF remember about him.

Thanks again to Madding for the loot, and for helping me feel as if maybe, just maybe, I belong here.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the jungle...I mean blogsville! Congrats on the first PWE too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours was my second PWE - just arrived today! That'll be a post later this week.....thank you.

      Delete
  2. There's plenty more where those came from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a few Giants games at the Stick back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first trade! Kerry's a great dude to trade with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza. Lincecum and his belly are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.