Monday, April 6, 2020

2016 Panini Tim Raines "The Great Entertainers"

Here's a card I kinda like having around. It's a chunky 2016 Tim Raines tribute card that Panini made as part of their "Great Entertainers" series that year. It's got an autograph, a piece of what's clearly a blue Expos uniform, and a stamp on the back saying this is #88 / 99. It's card #TGR-TR for those of you keeping score at home.

I certainly remember Raines and his moderately-talented Expos teams. I used to gently root for them because they were Canadian - from French-speaking Canada, no less - and yet didn't care one bit when it was the Blue Jays who brought home the hardware in 1992 and 1993. Uniforms? Cool dudes like Raines? Hey, I don't know. I was just glad to see the Expos win it all last year as the Washington Nationals. Hope you dig my Raines card.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think the Expos ever had a bad uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice looking card! I like how affordable Raines autos are. I should get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards of good players are good. Autographed cards of good players are better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you. I've always had a special place in my heart for the Expos... but can't say the same with the Blue Jays. Although... I did really enjoy rooting for Dave Stieb back in the 80's and 90's.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.