Saturday, January 23, 2021

A Fistful of Giants from The Lost Collector

Folks, I'm the worst at doing the minimum in card blogging/trading etiquette. There are number of you with whom I've happily traded cards, but I can't say I've done of very good job of documenting what you've sent me in the obligatory post-trade blog post. Sure, sometimes I do it, and I'm about to do it now - but for those of you who were magnanimous enough to put cards in an envelope and send them to my home address, I sincerely thank you, whether or not I took the time to then scan the cards and write purple prose about them on my blog.

The trading thing is honestly my favorite part of the hobby beyond the cards themselves. Why, just yesterday I got 10 San Francisco Giants in one plain white envelope from one AJ from New Jersey - the Lost Collector himself! 

Of course, I'm going to be excited about any sort of autograph card, whether it's Dan Ortmeier or not....but I totally dug Ortmeier in the very short time he was in the major leagues. I remember a big dinger that he hit once when I was listening on the radio, as I still do quite often during the season on KNBR-68. I had no Ortmeiers in the collection of any kind, and now I've got ink from the man's own hand.

This batch of Giants from AJ represents an incredibly diverse collection of brands, from Upper Deck to Fleer to Pacific to Donruss and Topps sub-brands and beyond. We've got 90s, 00s and 10s. We've got a Tim Lincecum card that I didn't already have (and I have a lot). Take a gander here, and thanks a bunch to AJ for the PWE.








3 comments:

  1. Glad they arrived safely. For whatever reason in my trade/add to TCDB box I have lots of random Giants, so easy to send you an assorted PWE. Glad the autograph was one you could use too. I think it probably came from a Walgreen's repack a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that throwback jersey Panik is wearing. Takes me back to my childhood and attending games at Candlestick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on trade posts (or at least trying to) is like a blogging rite of passage. I can't remember the last time I was all caught up, which probably means it was a long, long time ago now.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.