Wednesday, September 15, 2021

1973 All Over The Place

Bo from Baseball Cards Come To Life rose to the occasion after I put out the call about some 25-to-1 card trades I was proposing. I sent him a whole bunch of Yankees; he sent me much more than a single card on my want list. In fact, most of the 1973 Topps set is on my want list - really just getting going with that one. 

The whole idea with these trades - and there are more teams coming later this week - is that I'm putting aside single-team piles of about 25-30 cards (mostly junk wax, but much of it is not), in hopes of trading them for anything on my want list. If you've got a team you collect, keep an eye peeled, as I may have some card bounties for you later this week. Bo got something like 60-70 Yankees from me - he was the only one to put in a claim on them - and because he has so many cards in his life already, he found only 9 of them were ones he didn't have. But he seems happy about it, and that makes me happy.

Bo easily ticked some boxes with these '73s. Check out Greg Luzinski, "the Bull", an omnipresent force on the baseball TV scene during my youth. That's my favorite of the bunch, but I thought you might want to look at some of the others that were proffered unto me as well.







4 comments:

  1. Glad you like them! These are fun, I might take on another team in the next round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Luzinski is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid group of 73's. I actually recognize every player in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much like '71, the '73 Topps action photo are really great.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.