Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Filling in Some Kellogg's Needs

My favorite online card emporium CardBarrel announced the other day that they'd restocked a bunch of Kellogg's cards, circa 1978-83, which of course made me more than ready to jump at the chance to load up on some favorite players at a good price. I'd imagine you can do the same, if you haven't already. 

Some of mine have cracks in them; some don't. I'm pretty indifferent either way. These are nice to haves, and they're well-done cards with stats and info on the back. I already have any & all Jack Clark cards done in these series, but I was definitely missing my McCoveys, my Vida Blues, a bunch of George Fosters, a Willie Wilson and some Bob Kneppers. I didn't totally mean to grab Knepper in a Houston uniform, but now that he's here, he's welcome to stick around. 

By the time these cards were coming out, my mom had stopped buying us Kellogg's cereals like she used to, and we were pretty much only eating Cheerios and "Kix". General Mills had obviously done a superior job of marketing the quote-unquote health benefits of their cereals to choosy 1970s moms, and thus, I missed out on all these cards in real time.









4 comments:

  1. LOL, General Mills got your mom, too??

    I also saw all the tasty cereals disappear from the kitchen and replaced with Cheerios and Kix (bleh, Kix). Fortunately, I was able to enjoy Kellogg's cards in the late '70s before this happened.

    I'm going to get cracking on the '79 and '80 Kellogg's sets soon. Seems like a great opportunity to check out Card Barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. I got the Reggie. Thanks.

    My mom always bought the boring cereals. Got a Dominique Wilkins mini poster once. But no cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like Cheerios and Kix. I've looked for Kellogg's cereal, but there's not much in their lineup that I like. In fact... the only way I'd really choose their cereal is if they started including lenticular cards in their boxes again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kix were great, anybody who says otherwise, clearly doesn't know what they're talking about :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.