Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Here's What Nate Colbert Did Next

Hey, I'm back over here at Card Hemorrhage. I think I know how to work my scanner a little better, so hopefully my 2+ -week absence didn't drive you away from the hobby completely.

Today we're going to rev things back up with a guy whose player collection I think I'm pretty much done with. It's Nate Colbert - early San Diego Padres slugger and team star through the first half of the 1970s. What did Nate do next to earn himself a spot on a baseball card, post-retirement? Well, he was the hitting coach for the Riverside Red Wave in the early 1990s, and earned himself not one but four minor league baseball cards in that capacity, and I'm delighted to say I've now grabbed all four.

I've also got a couple of cool food issue Colbert oddballs to share with you, but let's do that somewhere down the road. I'll try to get a plethora of card posts going in the next few days. What else are you going to do over the pandemic holiday, right?



3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back behind the keyboard... and congratulations on completing your Colbert collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Nate worked on Bochy's staff in 1990! Looks like BB was only in Riverside for that 1 year before moving up the road to Adelanto (High Desert Mavericks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These scans aren't so bad, and are still better than mine!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.