Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Still All-In On 1975 Topps Baseball

I suppose I mentioned this once before, but when I first became acquainted with 1975 Topps baseball, the only ones that we could buy at my local (Sacramento) 7-11 - where I bought all my first cards - were the mini versions. Consequently, these minis - which were only available in limited parts of the country - were what I thought 1975 Topps baseball were; a one-year aberration where they decided to experiment with smaller cards. It was only in my non-collecting adulthood that I found out the truth - that those minis were relatively "rare", and that '75 Topps was mostly made in your normal 2.5x3.5 version.

The only '75 packs I grabbed back then in 1977, when I first started buying cards, were leftovers that were sitting unbought. Of course I gave them all away to a neighbor, probably around 1980 or so. Now here I am trying to collect the regular 1975 set, and yeah, it's costing me more than the 25 cents a pack I paid back then. Thankfully there's Ken in Missouri, who recently sent me a nice handful of '75s that I didn't have, including this beautiful if a little chewed-up-in-the-corner Rollie Fingers.

I'm all-in on the 1975s. Seriously one of the great sets of all-time. Here are a few more that came over in the batch from Ken.








4 comments:

  1. Got lots of those to trade, but many if not most are in poor condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron LeFlore - signed while in prison.
    And why is there a guy in a white cap on the A's card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In those days the A's coaches wore white caps while the players wore green.

      Delete
  3. Any chance you'll be attending the Santa Clara Convention Show on 8/6 or 8/7? If so, shoot me an email and I'll dig out some 75T cards I have sitting in my vintage box.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.