Monday, June 13, 2022

The 2021 Pablo Sandoval Rainbow

You may or may not know that Pablo Sandoval, my all-time favorite baseball player and the guy whom I have the largest PC of, played for the Atlanta Braves during the 2020 season. He did! I remember seeing him pop up in the playoffs that October as a pinch-runner and I was totally delighted, thinking him as being pretty much done with Major League Baseball once the Giants cut him free. 4 plate appearances, with 2 walks for an OPS of .500. He returned in 2021 for 78 at bats at a .178 average. He now plays in the Mexican League. If the Mexican League makes baseball cards - I have not checked yet - I will absolutely be buying the Pablo Sandoval card.

Topps Update put together a "rainbow" of numbered Pablo Sandoval cards in his Atlanta uniform in 2021. I'm not entirely sure why. Believe it or not, there are 27 different versions of this card to collect, including printing plates and whatnot. I don't understand that at all. Someday I shall have those as well. In any case, these are the six that I do have. 3 of these are stamped and numbered, three are not. 





2 comments:

  1. 27 different versions? Who do they think they are? Panini?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a large rainbow to have to try and complete!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.