Sunday, January 9, 2022

25-card Vintage Packs for the People

I reckon that every collector needs to make some adjustments and recalibration to their collecting strategy in order to keep their homes from being overrun and their wallets depleted. For me, that's meant backing off from collecting every card from the 60s and 70s that I could get my hands on; stopping the unending push for prospect cards and to quit collecting the cards of 25 different players in order to truly focus on one or two. 

As mentioned before, this has me unloading some cards in 25-card packs. I think it's a hell of a deal, to be honest. Here's what my "25-card vintage packs for the people" include for a mere $5 plus shipping:

  • At least 5 vintage (pre-1978) cards, usually more
  • 1 autographed card
  • Prospect/minor league cards, including guys who went on to the majors
  • SSPC cards from 1975-76
  • Modern cards from Gypsy Queen, Topps, Bowman, Topps Heritage, Allen & Ginter and so on
  • And more - surprise parallels, small-run food issues etc

It's a great way to get 25 surprise cards spanning the 1950s to today at a low price, including stuff that's pretty tough to find. I collected many cards over the years, and am pruning back my collection this way and making sure they get to a good home. And hey, who doesn't like surprises?

Check out my eBay listing here.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool. Looks like you're already moving a few of these. Not sure if you're gonna go to Serramonte in a few weeks, but if you do... bring a couple and I'll buy them. By the way, I also have a stack of 1981 and 1985 Topps for your set builds that I'll bring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How likely would it be that the one I purchase includes that 77 Goodson?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would probably go over like gangbusters at a show or in a shop. I'm trying to keep away from cards that don't fit into any particular collections, but I do really like the mix you've got going on here.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about the moderation captcha thing, but it's to keep the spammers out.